NEOS Technologies is actively seeking an experienced EHR Application Specialist to support eClinicalWorks (eCW) electronic health records (EHR) and electronic health exchange (eHX) applications. The EHR Application Analyst is a critical end-user support role responsible for efficient and timely hands-on support, troubleshooting, and remediation of eCW and eHX issues. The eCW Application Specialist works closely with the end-users on a daily basis to provide education and instructions on these mission-critical system features and functionality, and to explore various options to enhance the user's workflow and operational needs while maximizing the use of technology.
The successful candidate will have a strong background with eClinicalWorks (eCW) or the equivalent system in Electronic Health Records (EHR). An ideal candidate is certified in eCW training or eCW help desk. This talented professional will possess a solid customer service orientation, with enthusiasm for finding solutions. A critical skill set will be the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with multiple eCW users and other stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize knowledge of clinical or business requirements, health application capabilities, and his/her technical skills to implement, upgrade, and support applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of health application functions including, but not limited to eClinicalWorks EMR to support users.
- Serve as a liaison between users, EHR applications, vendors, leadership and technical teams.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity for reporting requirements and works closely with other team members on collecting data and developing reports.
- Evaluate requests for system modifications and enhancements; makes modifications and thoroughly tests before moving to production.
- Provide assistance to other Application Analysts and other team members as necessary.
- Encourage, assist and foster development of co-workers' skills and proficiency.
- Participate in ongoing Quality Improvement efforts at Clients.
- Understand the requirements of the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) specifications and work to assist the practice in meeting those standards.
- Achieve in-depth knowledge of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) EHR Incentives Program and assist in implementing technologies that allow eligible providers to receive incentives for meaningful use of the EHR.
- Maintenance of an issue knowledgebase to document technical support issues and associated resolution approaches as part of proactive approaches to problem management.
- Assist with technology policies, standards and procedures manual, develops and maintains related technology checklists.
- Occasional travel to multiple local clinics.
NEOS offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills of employees. Additionally, NEOS provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and generous holiday and paid-time-off benefits.
NEOS is a fast-paced, high-energy organization with a very ambitious agenda and a highly motivated team. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible adaptable approach to daily challenges. Position may require some bending and lifting.
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of an Associates degree / Bachelors degree preferred
- Three to five years' experience working in health care
- Minimum 2 years of relevant hands-on technical experience with EHR
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing and remote support applications
- Excellent technical diagnostic and analytical skills and a consultative and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be adept at transforming strategic vision into an operational model
- Process/procedure development, implementation and improvement skills
- Application implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and rapport-building skills up to and including end users and vendors
- Strong desktop skills including Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks EMR highly preferred
- Experience in primary care practices or outpatient/ambulatory care
- Experience with medical, dental, vision, and behavioral health workflows and technology
- Knowledge and understanding of PCMH requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of EHR Incentive Program requirements
- Experience in Quality Improvement efforts
- Presentation skills
- Project Management skills
NEOS Technologies, Inc. is an Information Technology (IT) tech support and consulting company focused on helping our clients plan, support, and protect information technology and data to achieve extraordinary success. Our clients range in size from 25 users to 4000 users in local government, law enforcement, healthcare, and small to medium businesses. NEOS was founded by Robert Collins in 2003 in Americus, GA with a primary focus on healthcare.