Technical Support Engineer (TSE2.3)
|Title:||Technical Support Engineer (TSE2.3)|
NEOS Technologies is actively seeking a Technical Support Engineer to support Microsoft Windows Servers; wired and wireless networks; ConnectWise Automate; backup solutions; and end-user devices and operating systems. The Technical Support Engineer maintains, troubleshoots and resolves issues associated with network and server operating systems, routers, applications, end-user devices, and hardware. In addition, he/she implements new network and server equipment, performs software upgrades, and provides server administration. Assigned area(s) of responsibility are activities of routine to minor complexity and impact. Must have IT professional work-related experience and knowledge with Windows 10 operating system, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Microsoft Server 2012 R2, and networking protocols.
- Utilizes knowledge and technical skills of Windows operating systems (desktop and server), networks, and end-user computing technology to troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and support NEOS clients, team members and technologies.
- Provides technical support to successfully resolve incidents and requests associated with Microsoft Server, Microsoft Office 365, wired and wireless networks, Windows desktop operating systems, mobile operating systems, and other end-user device technologies.
- Provides day-to-day administration of Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Office 365, and wired and wireless networks.
- Responsible for maintaining, verifying, and validating all off-site and on-site backups of data, system states, and images.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of ConnectWise Automate to ensure operating system security/patches are updated, software is deployed when requested, scripts are created and maintained and alerts are efficient, accurate and timely.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Vipre threat console to ensure malware, antivirus, and other threat definitions are updated.
- Monitors systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance.
- Actively coordinates with team members, vendors, and other support groups to effectively resolve incidents and requests.
- Demonstrates relationship building, effective communication skills, and quality service in the process of collaborating with, supporting, advising, and educating clients and team members on the use of services, handling of sensitive data, and resolving incidents, resulting in efficient, effective, and compliant use of hardware, software and services.
- Participates in after-hours on-call rotation.
NEOS offers competitive salary based on experience and skills of employees. Additionally, NEOS provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, 401k, holiday and paid-time-off benefits.
NEOS is a fast-paced, high-energy organization with a very ambitious agenda and a highly motivated team. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible adaptable approach to daily challenges. Position may require some bending and lifting.
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of a Technical School Diploma / Certificate / Associate. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- The following certifications will be beneficial:
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): IT Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 10
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2016
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associated
- Aruba Certified Switching Associate
- 7 years’ experience working in IT professional role providing support.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant hands-on technical experience with desktop and end-user support.
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing and remote support applications
- Excellent technical diagnostic and analytical skills
- Consultative and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and rapport-building skills with end users and vendors
- Strong desktop skills including Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Good driving record
- Experience in Local Government or Healthcare Information Technology.
- Cyber Security
- Presentation skills
- Project Management skills
NEOS Technologies, Inc. is an Information Technology (IT) tech support and consulting company focused on helping our clients plan, support, and protect information technology and data to achieve extraordinary success. Our clients range in size from 25 users to 4000 users in local government, law enforcement, healthcare, and small to medium businesses. NEOS was founded by Robert Collins in 2003 in Americus, GA with a primary focus on healthcare.